Wednesday, December 16, 2009

McCann Erickson



I think this new holiday ad introduced in November by McCann Erickson in New York for Verizon is a cute and clever idea, however I'm not sure how effective it will be. Although in the end, they do get the point across that Verizon has better nationwide coverage than AT&T, for the first part of the ad I thought I was watching an iPhone commercial. By not showing a comparable Verizon product, I think that this is still going to make people want iPhones, especially during the holiday season. This spot just gives AT&T and Apple another way to get the image of their iPhone out there. I do however really like the art direction and concept of this ad, I'm just afraid it will not produce the results that Verizon is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment