Saturday, December 12, 2009

GSD&M Idea City



I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this ad done for Southwest by GSD&M Idea City in Austin. On one hand, I think the simplicity of the ad and the strait-forward message are actually very successful in getting the message across that Southwest has "free bags" while other airlines charge for bringing luggage on the plane. However, on the other hand, I feel that this ad looks like it was done by amateurs and does not seem to be very professional. The Southwest airlines employee riding around on his cart filled with traveler's bags, with carnival music playing in the background doesn't exactly scream reliable and professional airline. However, there is something about this ad that I like and kind of puts a smile on my face. I do think it is fresh and definitely stands apart from the ads being done by competing airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment