Thursday, December 17, 2009

Advertising as Art

There has been a lot of debate in the art world about what constitutes art. When advertising entered into play, the definition of "art" has been questioned even further. Typically, when one thinks of art, they think of paintings, sculptures or ballet. I chose the following five ads according to this stereotype. Three look as if they are paintings, one has been designed on photoshop and the other is made of a collage of yellow paper that forms a black plane in the center. These of course are not the only forms of advertising I consider to be "art," but I feel as if there would be little hesitation about these particular five. I believe that art is about passion, creativity and individuality. If your advertisement have those three key elements, then I would most likely consider it a work of art.









No comments:

Post a Comment