Saturday, December 12, 2009

BBDO





This series of ads done by BBDO in New Zealand, are trying to make Kapiti Ice cream be considered a luxury and "designer" item. Unlike most ice cream ads that are aimed at children, BBDO has taken a different approach. I like how the ads seamlessly compare designer products like an expensive watch, high heels and a purse to ice cream. The way the images have been designed effectively conveys this message. However, I'm not a big fan of the purse ad. Unlike the first two, I do not think it looks like an ice cream ad at all. The orange and red lines on the cake make me think of flames that I might see on a motorcycle ad--not an ice cream ad. Overall, I think BBDO did a really good job on the watch and high heels ads, but I still think the purse ad could use some improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment