Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wedding Bliss

Little girls begin fantasizing about their future wedding from the moment they realize what a wedding actually is. I too, have fallen into this category. When I was little, my Dad took me to see "Father of the Bride" which quickly became my favorite movie of all time and a movie that my Dad and I always watch together. One our favorite singers, Steve Tyrell, sings a majority of the music in the film and I have always wanted all of these songs played at my wedding.

This past Christmas break, I went to New York with my friend Rachel. We were sitting at Bemelman's Bar at the Carlyle hotel, when I heard a familiar voice a few tables over. I could immediately tell that it was Steve Tyrell, by his distinct voice. Within a few minutes, I was talking with him and his wife! I told him how much I have always wanted him to play at my wedding and not only did he say he would do it, but he gave me his personal cell phone number and home number. Who knows what the future holds and when or even if I will get married, but it is always fun to dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment