Monday, April 27, 2009

A letter to my future self...

Dear Future Emily,

As you read this letter, I'm sure you are no longer the same person that you were when you were writing this. However, I hope that you were able to hold onto to your values and beliefs and maintain the close bonds you have built with your family and friends. I hope wherever you are now, you are happy and healthy and living life to the fullest. I also hope that you have been able to get a steady job, that you love going to everyday. Whatever it is that you are doing now, I hope you have held onto your drive to succeed and have never given up when times are tough. I also hope that you have now found that special someone that you are going to spend the rest of your life with. I hope that you have held onto the belief that family is the most important thing in life and it must be cherished. Never take life for granted because it can be taken away at any second. Always remember the person that you were growing up and never stop going out and having fun with friends and family. I hope you have taken time to travel around the world and experience new and exciting things. If you now have kids or will soon, be a patient and loving mother. Instill in your children the values and beliefs that you were taught when you were growing up. Remember that life will never be perfect, but be the best you can be and cherish those closest to you and all that you have been blessed with. Don't forget to laugh, love and smile everyday. Don't sweat the small stuff. Stand up for what you believe in. Have fun and never give up on your childhood dreams (no matter how much time has past).

~Emily (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment