Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Unleashed



On my way home from SMU I drive down Central Expressway to get back to my apartment. Recently, my two roommates and I began to notice a peculiar billboard. At first, the background of the billboard was all white and featured a rough, black silhouette of a dog that appeared to be leaping off the right side of the board. This was it. We were curious as to what this ad was referring to because there was no copy on the billboard at all. About a week or two later, another element appeared on the billboard. Nothing had changed except now there was a solid black leash on the left side of the billboard, but it was unattached to the dog. We again pondered what this meant, but still had no clue what the purpose of the advertisement was. As I was driving by a couple of days ago I looked up and was shocked to see the ad completed! It turned out to be an ad for UNLEASHED Indoor Dog Parks. After doing a little research, I found out that Unleashed is a new indoor dog park in downtown Dallas that features a “doggy daycare,” grooming salon, shop, cafĂ©, lounge area and hosts all sorts of special events like “mixers” for owners and their dogs. Although a little odd, I felt like this was great advertising because it really caught my attention and I’m sure most of the people who frequently drive down Central. There was a sense of intrigue and it left people guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment