Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sisters for life




"The Road"

I know of a road paved with
Wine and silver blue,
It's walked by the likes of angels,
Whose hearts are tried and true.
The toll that you pay is one of devotion;
Devotion is an arrow which
The founders set in motion.
The path of the arrow is
The road of wine and blue,
You too will walk this road,
And I will walk with you.

My Pi Phi big sister, Rachel (top picture), gave me this poem in my bin the night before the big sis reveal. It is special to me because it expresses the unique bond between sorority sisters and it is something that we can continue to pass down in our family. I knew having a sorority big sister would be special, but I had no idea how strong of a bond we would build as sisters. Rachel is one of my very best friends and always will be.

The time has now come to expand our family again and pass the torch onto another sister. A few weeks ago, we had big sister week, which is one of the most exciting weeks of the year for all the freshman and sophomores. I was thrilled when Brittany (bottom picture) became part of our family! My big sis has been such an incredible big sister, I only hope I can be the same for my little.

Despite all the stereotypes, sororities bring together a group of girls and make them family. It is an incredible bond that cannot be broken. There is nothing else like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment